Planning that overdue family get-together that’s been weighing on your mind for what seems like eons? That’s not a great place to be. You’re probably wondering what to cook for the family while doing justice to each individual’s whims and fancies.
It can be quite the feat trying to get all your ducks in a row, especially, when each member in the family, young and old, has very diverse taste buds. Wowing them is nothing short of a miracle, and it takes skillful hands and an overactive brain to churn out exotically flavorsome dishes at the drop of a hat. It’s not exaggeration; but you definitely need all the stars aligned in your favor as well, don’t you think?
Here are a few appetizing and awesome chicken recipes to leaving you wanting for more!
Mustard Chicken Milanese
- 4 x 120 g free-range chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons English mustard powder, plus 4 teaspoons
- 50 g mature Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of higher-welfare smoked ham
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 7 large free-range eggs
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- 1 eating apple
- 2 medium beetroot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g watercress
- 12 cornichons
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Slice the chicken breasts through each side and open them out like a book.
- Season and wrap each breast in Clingfilm and beat it with a rolling pin to ½ cm thickness.
- Mix 4 teaspoons of mustard powder with a little water to a paste. Use a pastry brush tospread cover the paste on the cut side of each chicken piece.
- Grate cheese over the mustard, while placing a slice of ham and pressing it down so it sticks together.
- Place 3 dinner plates on the table. Mix the remaining 4 tablespoons of mustard powder with the flour and season in one plate. Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl, and pour it onto the second plate. Toss the breadcrumbs onto the last plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Dip each breast into the flour mixture until evenly coated and then into the egg, and finally coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- When the pan is hot, fry the breasts for 3-4 minutes on both sides, or until cooked through.
- In another pan, fry the remaining 4 eggs in olive oil until cooked to your preference.
- Core the apple and cut them in thin slices. Scrub and thinly slice the beetroot.
- Mix together cider vinegar and 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a bowl, then toss through the watercress, apple, and beetroot.
- Remove chicken breasts from the pan and serve with a fried egg on top, salad, and cornichons.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pack Knorr’s Hunter Gravy Sauce Mix
- 1 ½ tablespoons Marsala wine
- 4oz canned mushroom pieces
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Pan-fry the chicken pieces in olive oil for 5-6 min on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and prepare the sauce to match package directions.
- Add mushrooms and wine.
- Return chicken pieces to the pan and heat through and serve.
There’s hardly anyone out there who doesn’t fancy a tastefully cooked chicken entrée, I mean, who wouldn’t relish a wholesome dish of poultry! The internet is brimming with a truckload of information on food and exotic dishes to suit the occasion; choosing the best from the rest can be quite the challenge. If only you could get your hands on awesome chicken recipes to do justice to your taste buds would be like the cherry on top. Let the chef in you unfold!